DUAL.CON (2013) Sistema Dual de formación profesional en construcción. La experiencia alemana
This project proposes the mobility of 20 training managers from the LABOUR FOUNDATION FOR CONSTRUCTION (FLC - Spain) for one week (5 working days) to the center of Krefeld BAUGEWERBES EV DES BILDUNGSZENTREN (BZB - Germany).
On 9 November, it was published the RD 1529/2012, a law that establishes the basis of dual vocational training in Spain, combining the processes of teaching and learning in the workplace and training centers based on the model, inter alia, the German system of vocational training.
Thus, the project aims at knowing the actions taken by the BZB in the implementation of the vocational training dual system in Germany in order to facilitate the implementation of similar initiatives in FLC training centers, based on the requirements of RD 1529/2012.
The experience that BZB brings to this project has a double value:
- As a construction training institution that offers initial training within the German dual system.
- As an organization that has run various mobility projects.
The knowledge and skills acquired will allow establishing the basis for a program of adaptation and viability of this system to the requirements set up by the Royal Decree. Hence, the FLC will have reflection elements in order to well understand which kind of changes are necessary to implement, in order to put into practice the Dual System within our training vocational centers.
From the Foundation point of view there are four main points to be studied:
- How can we increase the number of people who obtain a high school diploma?
- How can we involve companies from the construction sector in the dual training system?
- What are the main FLC working lines as a training provider?
- How can we adapt existing resources to achieve the dual system objectives?
The skills acquired will enable participants to collaborate on the ultimate goal of achieving a quality training tailored to the needs of the labor market in order to promote and facilitate the employability and professionalism of people working in the construction sector in Spain.
The specific objectives to be addressed are the following:
- To know the general characteristics of the vocational training dual system in the framework of the German education system.
- To know the specific actions that BZB has carried out regarding to dual system in the construction sector.
- To take the opportunity to exchange information and experiences between the two organizations.
- To reflect on possible transfers to be made in the training activity of the FLC
- To actively participate in achieving one of the FLC corporative objectives, such as "Fostering of Vocational Training”, including relevant aspects of their development, evolution and adaptation to the labor market."
- To strengthen cooperation and collaboration between the two organizations involved in the implementation of this mobility, with the ultimate goal of addressing new joint projects at European or international level.